Monday 12 December 2011

Production

Front cover
I used Adobe Photoshop to complete my front cover, I found this easy as I am familer with using this software and could nagivate my way round it easily, this helped save time as we did not need a demo lesson to use it we could just get straight onto completing the front cover. I had to plan my front cover before actually doing it, this gave me time to conduct research about what my target audience would like to see in the magazine. We had 6 lessons to complete the the front cover. Using photoshop I started the front cover for my music magazine by firstly doing the minor parts of it such as the Main title, the positioning statement, the website, date and issue number.  I used effects on my title to make it stand out, such as bevel and emboss. I then added the main picture and the bar code to the front cover, I cut out the main image from a background using polygonal lasso tool which helped me cut it out more accuratly. Then I added the bar code. I then added coverlines and put bevel and emboss effects on it, so they stand out. I have added a main headline, a box and text at the bottom that have some of the smaller stories inside, also I added the price onto the bottom of the magazine, and I added another cover line onto the top in a circle, this will stand out as this is an important story, but not as important as the main headline so therefore it doesnt need to stand out as much.



Contents Page
Using Quark Xpress was a new software to me, and I had to take time to get used to it, I got to grips with how to use it in the demo lesson- this was time consuming but worth it as I wouldnt of known what to do, and therefore more time would of been wasted. It was good using Quark as you get to really see what its like to make a magazine. We took 2 lessons to make this.



Double Page Spread
We used Quark Xpress again to make our double page spread, this was easy as we had previously used it to complete our contents page, this saved time as I was familer with using this software. We basically only had to use one page as the other image dominated the other facing page. This took 2 lessons to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment