Tuesday 4 October 2011

Production of school magazine front cover.

This was the process I went through to create my front cover and my contents page, using photoshop for my front cover and quark for my contents page.

This is the Front cover...
 I started off with the blank canvas and put a colour background on it, that matched my colour scheme.

 I then cut out the image of the girl using the magic wand tool, I also used the blur tool to blur the hair around.

 I then added the title with the font that I am going to use the whole way through, the title is going to be bigger than all the other writing as its one of the main aspects of the front cover apart from the main picture.

 I put the positioning statment above the title in the same writing to keep it all consistant.

 The price was put in the same writing at the top of the magazine, so the reader can clearly see it.

 The main story line-that reflects the main image, is in partly in capitals and is in the same writing and also in a the colour scheme I have chosen to use, Weatherhead colours.

I added in the issue date and the issue number to the bottom of the magazine, this sits around the barcode.

 Story lines are being added in, in the same colours and writing. This is consistant.

 The image that has been added in was one that I have took myself around the school, it reflects the story that it represents.

 Other storylines have been added.

 Relevent images have been added to show the storylines.  I took these pictures myself.

 Another story line was added across the top underneath the main title.. This stands out as its in grey and is in the same colour scheme, and the same writing.

 A small tag line to the 'Take a Trip with Weatherhead' was added to give a small dose of information to the readers without them actually reading the article.

 Capital letters and exclamation marks are used in the 'wanted' part, this draws the readers in and it stands out, using the same colour scheme and writing.

The bar code is added to the left handside bottom corner of the magazine. This follows the codes and conventions of a magazine front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment